Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Everbearing Strawberry Pot

I've been saving advice for strawberry pots (also called strawberry jars) on my Pinterest for awhile, and searching for the perfect pot. According to yougrowgirl.com the best ones have deep pockets and are glazed to help retain moisture.
strawberry planter
I found this one at a specialty import store in Tualatin, Oregon.

I chose ever-bearing varieties for my pot and set about making a french drain as shown here: dannylipford.com

A length of pipe that just happened to be handy, and some gravel from the kids' play area did the job.

I propped the pipe in place while I filled the pot with soil, then filled the pipe with gravel.


Lightly shake the pipe up & down to tamp the gravel down, while slowly lifting it out.
Filled with promise!


Raul approves.



No comments:

Post a Comment