Monday, November 16, 2015

Pumpkin Eaters

I love photographs of front doorways beautifully decorated for fall, and many times I have tried to create a welcoming entry for our home. But Oregon has other ideas.

Cornstalks mold in the soaking rain, and then the wind breaks and shreds them all over the yard.
Fall arrangements fill up with wind driven soggy leaves and decay overnight. It's just more maintenance. What is pretty for half a day ends up a black slimy mess all over the porch.

So this year, I just set out a lot of pumpkins. They don't seem to mind the wind and rain. Ah, even this has its problems.
We saw the jay start it two weeks ago. What could we do? He has all the time in the world.
This morning as I snapped photos of our saboteur, he suddenly flew away. Had I scared him?
No. Cue the other miscreant.
As soon as the chipmunk scurries away, the jay comes back. So much for my fall decorating.
Back and forth they go.
The Blue Jay
And the chipmunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment